As they say in the South, I was fixin’ to write a quick piece on being kind to one another (Ephesians 4:32), but read on. Turns out Chapter 5 is chock-full of exhortations that are worth saying and doing.
They really don’t require much interpretation, but are between-the-eyes at face-value.
I’ll stick with the “do’s” for now.
- Be kind to one another
- Be imitators of God
- Walk in love
- Walk as children of light
- Try to learn what is pleasing to the Lord
- Be careful how you walk
- Make the most of your time
- Understand what the will of the Lord is
- Be filled with the Spirit
- Always give thanks for all things
- Be subject to one another in love
If you spend all your time doing these, you won’t need a list of do not’s.